Job Title: Corporate Programs Manager (Stewardship, Gifts, Events)
Reports to: Development Director
Hours: Full Time, hybrid office/remote
Salary: $60,000 - $65,000, depending on experience
Review: Ongoing, open until filled. Priority given to candidates applying by Nov 21.
This full-time position is responsible for the planning, management, and implementation of annual fundraising events. The position requires a focus on fundraising, relationship management (high-level donor and volunteer), GJP’s corporate partnership program, as well as donor cultivation & stewardship. Events include the annual Grass Roots Justice Awards (GRJA) and multiple individual corporate engagements. This position plays an integral role on the Development Team.
The essential job duties/responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Update and disseminate corporate partnership packet and lead the annual campaign.
• Work directly with event volunteer chairs, advisors, and other key volunteers in planning events.
• Prepare Executive Director for presentations, meetings, and other public speaking engagements.
• Manage event budgets to ensure net revenue projections are achieved.
• Oversee production of all associated event collateral materials. Work with Communications to develop GRJA program booklet.
• Collaborate internally with colleagues and externally with vendors to ensure all event details are effectively implemented; and manage event set up, execution, and breakdown for optimal success.
• Maintain comprehensive records of event details and planning.
• Manage annual work plan and revenue goals.
• Participate in donor prospecting, cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation
• Collaborate with and provide regular updates to Development Director and Leadership Team.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Development Director and Executive Director.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, a self-starter, and a team player with energy, positivity, and flexibility.
• Ability to develop and maintain superb donor relations; ability to engage well with diverse groups of people.
• Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of development experience, event planning or managing corporate programs a plus.
• Strong interpersonal skills and excellent oral communication abilities.
• Excellent writing and editing skills. Microsoft Office and video conferencing proficiency required. Publishing (Adobe, Canva, etc.) experience is a plus.
• Development database experience required, Salesforce is preferred
• Ability to meet deadlines with a proven track record of success, adaptable to fast-paced work environment.
• Motivated, well-organized, detail-oriented, and creative problem solvers will do well in this role.
Position requires local travel and some evening hours to support events.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter addressed to GJP’s Development Director Ermis Zayas and a resume combined as a single PDF document to careers@GJP.org. Subject line text and name of the single pdf must be, “2022 Corp Programs Mgr – Last Name.” For example, if your last name is Jones, “2022 Corp Programs Mgr – Jones” would be the name of the pdf attachment and the text in the subject line.
GJP offers a comprehensive benefits package, including employer paid premiums for medical, dental, vision and life insurance, immediate 3% match and vesting in the retirement plan, and generous PTO. Salary range is $60k-65k annually depending on experience.
GJP is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse staff and welcomes qualified applicants of all races, colors, religions, national origins, sexes, gender identities, sexual orientations, and disability statuses. GJP particularly encourages people who are formerly incarcerated or justice-involved to apply.
GJP requires all employees be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation. If you are hired, we will require you to prove you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid documented religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. This paragraph informs you of the company's expectations before you begin work at GJP and you should not reveal information about your COVID-19 vaccination status prior to receiving an offer of employment.