Job Title: Facilities Supervisor
Reports to: HR & Operations Manager
Hours: Full Time 40 hrs/week, onsite (schedule can be adjusted 4 or 5 days, start and end times will be set by Candidate and Supervisor)
Salary: $48k - $52k, depending on experience
Review: Ongoing, open until filled. Priority given to candidates applying by Nov 21.
The Georgia Justice Project (www.gjp.org) seeks a full-time, experienced facilities professional to join GJP’s Shared Services team. This is a position of HIGH TRUST. The supervisor is responsible for managing the service and performing routine building maintenance tasks including but not limited to repairs (painting, walls, doors, locks, etc.), electrical, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing, sanitation, and groundskeeping. The Facilities Supervisor will work closely with the HR & Operations Manager to keep GJP’s buildings and grounds safe and clean for staff, clients, and guests.
Facility: 2 office buildings, 1 open lot, surface parking; 1 building to be renovated in 2023. 10,000 sq ft currently in use. 35-45 staff, interns and volunteers.
We are a mission-driving organization committed to strengthening our community by demonstrating a better way to represent and support individuals in the criminal justice system and reduce barriers to reentry. Learn more about us at www.gjp.org.
· Inspects building and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions; performs repairs or organizes technicians to perform repairs.
· Maintains grounds including removing trash and trimming hedges. Periodically inspects roof and gutters.
· Performs daily maintenance such as emptying trash, refilling soap/paper, sweeping, mopping, etc.
· Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g., replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets unclogging of drains)
· Performs painting, carpentry, and masonry work (e.g., preparing surfaces and using brush sprayer or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks, and handles, etc.).
· Ability to troubleshoot electrical equipment (e.g., lights), repair ground faults, change out receptacles and switches.
· Basic understanding of building systems (e.g., pumps and heat exchangers)
· Orders parts and maintain required documents.
· May assist with function set up and clean up.
· Floor care and maintenance (i.e., sweeping, mopping, stripping, waxing).
· Performs other duties as assigned
• 5-8 years’ experience working in facility maintenance required.
• Understanding of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and other building systems required.
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English required.
• Must be customer service oriented.
• Ability to understand and follow directions as given.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, self- starter.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• High school graduate, GED, Associate degree, or above a plus.
• Ability to engage well with diverse groups of people
Interested candidates should send a cover letter addressed to GJP’s HR & Operations Manager Jyotsna Vanapalli and a resume combined as a single document to careers@GJP.org. Subject line text and name of the cover letter+resume file must be, “2022 Facilities Supv – Last Name.” For example, if your last name is Jones, “2022 Facilities Supv – Jones” would be the name of the attachment and the text in the subject line.
GJP offers a comprehensive benefits package, including employer paid premiums for employee medical, dental, vision and life insurance, immediate 3% match and vesting in the retirement plan, and generous PTO. Salary range is $48,000 to $52,000, depending on experience.
GJP is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse staff and welcomes qualified applicants of all races, colors, religions, national origins, sexes, gender identities, sexual orientations, and disability statuses. GJP particularly encourages people who are formerly incarcerated or justice-involved to apply.
GJP requires all employees be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation. If you are hired, we will require you to prove you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid documented religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. This paragraph informs you of the company's expectations before you begin work at GJP and you should not reveal information about your COVID-19 vaccination status prior to receiving an offer of employment.