Title: Social Worker
Supervisor: Social Services Director
Hours: Full-time or Part-time, Hybrid office/remote
Pay: Salary, Exempt. $24 – $30/hr DOE and Education
Georgia Justice Project (GJP) is looking for a Social Worker committed to a holistic approach to addressing justice-involved individuals. GJP works to lower the number of Georgians under correctional control, reduce barriers to reentry, and improve public safety by addressing the underlying causes of crime, and challenging systemic racism as expressed through the criminal legal system.
As a member of the Social Services team, you will partner with attorneys and support staff to evaluate potential clients, provide services to clients before, during and after their interactions with the criminal justice system, and maintain accurate records on behalf of the client and the organization. The candidate will primarily work in the warrant clinic but will work with other areas as well (defense, restorative justice, records).
Learn more about our 37-year history and current work at GJP.org.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direct services to all categories of GJP clients legal, community, incarcerated, warrant clinic, restorative justice)
- Interview, complete assessments and prepare written recommendations for potential clients
- Develop case plans for legal clients in consultation with attorney and client
- Provide individual case management for clients based on assessment and case plan
- Meet with clients regularly to facilitate achievement of goals in case plan
- Provide resources and referrals for client needs
- Maintain documentation of client interactions and progress
- Communicate client progress to attorney
- Appear in court and present status reports for mitigation and sentencing issues in consultation with attorneys
- Assist in planning and executing special events for organization’s clients
- Participate in weekly status meetings
- Maintain client files and appropriate case notes on all client interactions
- Prepare reports for supervisor as requested
- Assist in supervision of volunteers and interns working with the organization as requested
- Assist in program evaluation and development for client services
- Represent the organization to various communities virtually and in person
- Assist other departments in organizational projects as needed and attend GJP functions
- Participate in creating a collaborative, dynamic, and inclusive workplace culture
- 1-year social work experience required, 2 – 4 years preferred.
- Degree from CSWE accredited college. MSW or LCSW preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of social work case management.
- Excellent listening, clinical assessment, and written evaluation skills.
- Experience with judicial systems preferred.
- Experience with substance abuse or mental health disorders a plus.
- Case management database proficiency expected, Salesforce preferred.
- Working proficiency with Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Working proficiency with Zoom (MS Teams), Securus a plus.
- Timeliness and responsiveness to clients
- Team-oriented individual who communicates regularly and openly with colleagues
- Works independently and follows through, comfortable asking questions as needed
- Establishes and maintains collaborative working relationships with diverse partners
- Effectively manages multiple priorities at a fast pace in a non-profit workplace
- Demonstrates discretion and maintains confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to work occasional evenings or weekends for special events
- Driver’s license (required)
A successful candidate will also have
- Empathy, passion and energy for the difficult work of supporting clients involved in the justice system.
- Appreciation for GJP’s focus on promoting holistic approaches to change one individual at a time.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and brief case note (2 page max) combined as a single PDF document to careers@GJP.org. Subject line must state, “Social Worker – Last Name”. Salary range is in the mid-$50s to high $60s (annual for full time) and will depend on experience and licensure. GJP offers a comprehensive benefits package, including employer paid premiums for medical, dental, vision and life insurance. Immediate 3% match and vesting in the retirement plan, and generous PTO. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis; position open until filled.
GJP requires all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation. If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid documented religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. This paragraph informs you of the company’s expectations before you begin work at GJP and you should not reveal information about your COVID-19 vaccination status prior to receiving an offer of employment.
GJP is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse staff and welcomes qualified applicants of all races, colors, religions, national origins, sexes, gender identities, sexual orientations, and disability statuses. GJP particularly encourages people who are formerly incarcerated or justice-involved to apply.
February 16, 2023